1) Referring to trademark offenses such as illegal use of brands by Internet domain registration. As we warn ? That possible actions for victims? We seek testing?
The best way to prevent illegitimate use trademark, It is to register the domain with the name of our brand as those similar to avoid confusion, You can carry an economic cost to this but it is very effective, and in turn both the .com register as .com.ar, with this increased security spectrum covers.
Before the case as we are with the domain in relation to our brand usurped there are different ways to act, in the case of .com.ar, there is a "domain dispute" is a procedure that can prove a better claim on the domain that interests us or we were usurped, It is a process that must contain a completed form, be validated as a natural or legal person in Nic Argentina, and documentation showing that one must be the owner of that domain, as can be branded titles, bills, fotos de local, etc. That is all that demonstrates a commercial business or interest. This is presented to the National Internet Domains (Nic Argentina), It can be done on-line or in person.
For .com, ICANN has launched 2014 a system of dispute resolution by arbitration domains quickly, who wants to use it must demonstrate that:
• has a right in favor of a name that is identical or confusingly similar to the registered domain name
• The domain owner has no legitimate interest in it
• That the domain registration and use in bad faith are
For presentation can claim up 15 domains, taking apart the suspension of the use of the domain claimed pending dispute, It should be noted in that trademark issues to take advantage of this new system, trademark owners around the world must validate their brands to the Trademark Clearing House.
2) In Argentina it is an offense to register a domain of a brand and / or person on behalf of a third party ? As Nic and act on these events ICCAN?
Currently it is not an offense to register a domain in relation to a brand name of a third party, both Nic Argentina, ICANN as it gives opportunities to play usurped domains, because when registering a domain, in their terms and conditions you must agree to submit any dispute on these control mechanisms.
3) Can you explain that there are pages of foreign domains with content and / or name of terrorist organizations, Guerrilla, hate and / or violence apologies different crime? How to proceed to detect these cases?
Can you explain that there are pages of foreign domains with content and / or name of terrorist organizations, Guerrilla, hate and / or violence apologies different crime? How to proceed to detect these cases?
Please note that both ICANN and Nic Argentina, like other loggers are just dealing with it that is the registration and each of the countries taking different policies regarding who can register names, these recorders do not address the content of the pages, who does it is justice, in the presence of a page whose content incites hatred and / or violence crime apologies different one should report it to the prosecution of cybercrime the place you find yourself in, in the case of not finding with this form of contact, one must go to the Public Prosecutor, to become aware of what is happening. We the Argentina Association for the Fight Against Cybercrime, We have constant contact with cybercrime law before they can consult for us to make a link to get to the appropriate authorities, using the form found on our web cibercrimen.org.ar.
Lic. Luis Angel Nocera.
President - founder member AALCC
Specialist internet domains